In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic and the health and safety of all of families who attend Music Together® classes in person we will be following guidelines as set by the State of CT as well as the CDC for outdoor events and summer camps. By checking the box on he registration form, you certify that you have read this form and agree to follow by the guidelines stated below.
1. Before every class, participants will be required to participate in a basic health screening consisting of these 4 questions:
*Do you currently have any symptoms of a cold or flu ? .
*Have you or anyone in your household been diagnosed with the COVID- 19 virus ?
*Have you traveled internationally (or just travelled ) in the last 14 days?
*Have you or anyone in your household been directed to self quarantine ?
*Note that a temperature check may take place in some locations.
2. Please refrain from attending class you've been diagnosed with coronavirus, if you or your child(ren) have been in close proximity to someone who has recently had the coronavirus, if you or your children are feeling sick, have a fever, a cough, or are experiencing general difficulty breathing. A refund or credit, pro-rated if necessary will be offered should you need to cancel your registration for the Outdoor Class Series due to exposure to COVID- 19.
Individual missed classes can be made up using our online Zoom class scheduler; there will be no refunds or credits offered for individual missed classes. Contact our office with questions/concerns.
3. If you or anyone in your family or have been in close contact with is diagnosed with coronavirus symptoms after attending an MTFC class or at any time during the semester, you are required to report that immediately to our office by text or email.
4. Please wash your hands frequently, and before and after attending our classes. A sanitization station will be in place with hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes. We recommend that every family bring their own hand sanitizer as well.
5.During class, children and adults will be required to maintain a minimum of a 6 foot distance between themselves and other participants who are not in the same family or other cohort. This could be challenging as children naturally tend to be social and it was not the norm in the past during our classes! However, we will be asking every family to be responsible to keep the appropriate distance with their children. Please be aware of this guideline and help us to maintain it!
6. Children will not be required to wear masks.
7. Adults shall wear a surgical style face mask or other covering for their nose and mouth within 6 ft of those who are not in the same household, unless doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety due to medical conditions, and except when eating.
8. The Music Together Teacher will be teaching from a 12 ft distance in relationship to the participants. Should they leave that 12 ft radius they will be wearing a mask.
9. Bathroom Use - the host requires that any family that wishes to use an indoor bathroom will use a mask.
10. Instruments or other objects will not be shared. Families will be advised about what to bring from home for instruments or props. A small instrument set is available for sale on our website under "Store."
11. Weather issues - If the class is cancelled due to rain or heat, classes will be held on zoom. In addition, one rain date will be setup for each in-person class location. Families who miss individual classes can make them up using our online Zoom class scheduler. There will be no refunds or credits offered for missed classes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING FOR YOUR
OUTDOOR MUSIC TOGETHER CLASS
1. A BLANKET OR SOMETHING TO SIT ON
2. WATER BOTTLE AND SUNSCREEN
3. HAND SANITIZER
4. INSTRUMENTS FOR THE DAY: Your teacher will email you the day before with info about what you need to bring to class. A small instrument set can be purchased on our website, or you can bring home made instruments. Children and adults will not be sharing instruments.
5. A smile!